Our School Day
Our School day runs from 8.45am – 3.15pm (Monday to Friday). Children are in school for 32.5 hours per week.
We offer wrap around care. More information can be found here: Wraparound Care – coddingtoncofeprimary
The start of the day 8.45am
- Children can enter the school site from 8.40am by any entrance. All entrances will be staffed to ensure no children leave the site without an adult.
- Members of the SLT will be available should parents need to ask questions (or just stop for a chat).
- Those children attending breakfast club will be brought to their classrooms.
- KS1 will walk with parents to their classrooms, KS2 will walk independently to their classrooms and line up outside the classroom door.
Children will have a 15minute breaktime supervised by teaching staff in the morning. KS1 and EYFS will also have an afternoon breaktime.
- KS1 and EYFS 11.50am – 12.50pm
- KS2 12.10pm – 1.10pm
- Our team of mid day supervisors support the children while they eat and play during this time.
At the end of the School day (3.15pm)
- UKS2 (Years 5/6) will be brought to the main pedestrian gate.
- LKS2 (Years 3/4) to the KS2 playground.
- KS1 and EYFS will be released to parents/carers from the classroom door.
- KS2 children with siblings in KS1 will be brought to the KS1 playground to meet family members.
- Children who attend the After school wraparound care will be collected from classes.
In the advent of ADVERSE WEATHER we will endeavour to keep our school open and operating as normal.
However in the event of severe adverse weather it may be necessary to make a decision to close the school for the safety of the children and staff.
Following the Severe Weather Guidance from the Local Authority, the following policy and procedure exists for Coddington C of E Primary.
The decision to close will be made by the head teacher in consultation with the chair of governors considering the following:
– Health and safety – will remaining open constitute a significant risk to pupils and/or staff.
– Availability of staff – has the severe weather meant that a significant number of staff have been unable to attend making it impossible to open.
Our first priority will always be to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of pupils, staff, parents and families.
Whenever possible, this decision will be made the day before and you will be immediately informed by Dojo/Email
Please do not phone the school. If you don’t hear we’re closed by website message or text, assume we are open!
We will clear paths within school to make access as safe as possible, and will keep supplies of grit to support this. Care is always needed when using pathways that have been gritted.
School Closure Procedure:
- Once the decision to close school has been taken, parents and staff will be informed via our text service.
- A headline message will also be posted on the School website www.coddingtoncofeprimary.com and on our school dojo story.
- In addition, the head teacher will contact BBC Radio Nottinghamshire and Radio Newark at the earliest opportunity giving the required information so that the closure of our school can be broadcast.
The Local Authority does not need to be contacted separately, they will obtain information about closed schools from the radio station. Where possible, a member of staff will be in school to advise parents and families on arrival that the school is closed, and to answer telephone calls from concerned parents.